The first goal of writing is to have one's words read successfully. ~Robert Brault
• Set up book signing and reading events with booksellers, bookstores, book clubs, libraries, and at book expos and fairs
• Contact television and radio stations to set up interviews before, during, and after press tours
• Work with editors at newspapers, magazines, and websites to obtain positive reviews and create feature coverage for your book
• Set up speaking engagements at universities, libraries, reading clubs, and other venues to provide maximum exposure for your work
• Help you create an author blog and capitalize on the blog community
• Work with you to develop integrated social media fan pages on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and other social media sites
• Set up blog tours and author interviews
• Arrange for creation and printing of promotional items (bookstore posters, bookmarks, postcards, tear sheets, business cards, etc.) to help you sell your work
• Build mailing lists and create writing contests, book cover polls, and giveaway incentives
Why choose us?
Paula Margulies brings years of experience as a publicist and marketer to your promotional plans. Her extensive media contacts and excellent relationship skills ensure that your work will get the attention and consideration it deserves.
At Paula Margulies Communications, we know what it’s like to be an author with time and family commitments and expenses. We are reasonably priced and will work with you to create a promotional plan and budget that you can live with.
We provide individualized attention.
As a boutique agency, we only handle one or two clients at a time. This allows us to give you our undivided attention and treat your work as our highest priority at all times.
We get results.
Generating publicity for our clients is our business, and we take great pride in obtaining the maximum visibility and attention for your work. We have successfully created media buzz and momentum for numerous authors and speakers and look forward to doing the same for you. Visit our testimonial page to see what some of our clients have to say about the success they’ve achieved with Paula Margulies Communications.
"Paula Margulies has the tenacity to make the cold calls and the warm personality that makes me happy to have her representing me to booksellers. After one successful season, I've signed her up again to set up signings and gain visibility for my sequel."
-Carol Newman Cronin, U.S. Olympic sailor and author of Oliver's Surprise: A Boy, A Schooner, and the Great Hurricane of 1938,Cape Cod Surprise: Oliver Matches Wits with Hurricane Carol, and A Game of Sails
"Paula threw herself into my project, produced an eye-popping press release, and then secured close to two dozen signings in a matter of weeks. Juggling tour dates, media outreach, and travel planning, Paula is always organized and in command of every detail."
-Amy Snyder, author of Hell on Two Wheels: An Astonishing Story of Suffering, Triumph, and the Most Extreme Endurance Race in the World
"Paula has been a terrific mentor to me. She took the mystery out of planning and organizing a book tour and helped me to understand my role in promoting my own book. I don’t know what I would have done without her!"
-Mary Volmer, author of the acclaimed HarperCollins Gold Rush novel, Crown of Dust